The PADI Open Water Diver course is a complete, carefully structured entry level scuba diving course designed to take you from a non-diver with little or no prior experience to a certified diver. The certification is recognized worldwide and is valid for life, to a maximum depth of 18 meters.
Throughout the Open Water Diver course you will learn fundamentals of scuba diving, including familiarizing yourself with dive equipment and techniques. You will also earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification that is recognized worldwide. You earn this rating by completing five pool dives and knowledge development sessions and by making four open water dives. Some of the many skills you will learn include: buoyancy, proper weighting, marine conservation, equipment assembly, proper dive planning, and maintenance. The course covers all the basic knowledge about equipment, physiology and the marine environment while training students to perform basic skills underwater. Knowledge development establishes the principles and basic information that all divers need to have fun diving safely. It is divided into 5 bite sized segments that you will complete primarily in your own time or in the classroom by using the PADI Open Water manual and video to guide you.
For each segment your instructor reviews and elaborates on the material, applying what you are learning - to your specific needs and the local dive environment. A short quiz at the end of each section in the manual confirms that you have picked up the information that you need from that section.
- Transfer from and to your hotel in Dahab
- Diving instructor
- 5 pool dives and 4open water dives
- 5 knowledge development sessions
- PADI Open Water Diver Certificate
- Dive Log Book
- Equipment you'll use during the dives, including: mask, fins, snorkel, tank, regulator, buoyancy compensator, submersible pressure gauge and exposure protection as required by the local environment.
- Any extras not mentioned above (e.g: food, drink)
- Manual Book - 40 Euro
- Schedule: every day 9:00 to 15:00, duration 4 days
- For those who are between the age of 10 to 14, the PADI Junior Open Water Diver program is available.
- You must be older than the age of 14 to do this dive Course.
- Diving is a sport that requires a good physical and mental health. Please download the medical statement. This form you fill in with your instructor on the spot. However, read the statement carefully beforehand and in case of doubt, or if you have any questions answered with YES, you need to consult a physician. Let him or her sign the statement for your specific problem if he or she declares you fit for diving. This will prevent delays in Dahab and your dive!
- For all groups who dive with us, we supply a dive guide. The guide is required by Egyptian law for safety reasons. He is responsible for tanks, timing, transfer, safety and for you having a good time!
210 Euro/ personBook It