In the morning pick up from your hotel in Cairo and transferred to Alexandria. The name of the city dates back to its founder, the Macedonian leader Alexander the Great; who arrived to Egypt in 332 B.C. You will visit the following sights:
- Pompey's Pillar, one of the city's major landmarks, a 30 m high column and is a single cut from pink granite.
- Fort Qaitbay, a castle-like palace which was built in AD 1480 on the edge of the harbour and represents spectacular views.
- Catacombs, the largest roman cemetery in Egypt, consisting three layers tombs and chambers.
- Roman Amphiteatre, one of the best preserved Roman site in Egypt.
- The Bibliotheca of Alexandria. It was not only an important ancient library but also the centre of learning and scientific research for the ancient world and a destination for scholars from all over the Mediterranean and beyond.
Late afternoon drive back to Cairo and transfer to your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel in central Cairo or Giza
- All transportation by private, air-conditioned car
- English speaking Egyptologist tour guide
- All services charges and taxes
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sights
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
Guides in other languages are available on request.
This tour runs: every day
Pick up time: 6:00 a.m.
55 Euro/ person
100 Euro for 1 person booking